Do you Heart EzineArticles.com, too?

Friday, November 18, 2005

Who will cry when you die?

I ask you a thought provoking question which flashed through my mind while I was reading "Robin Sharma's" book. So, the question is "Who will cry when you die?" or will there be anyone who will feel dejected at your demise. So, the question can be interpreted as "when you walk this planet, who will trace your marks and will remember you by your deeds and actions?"
Although, one might be think himself as a looser and will even mock at such glorifying thoughts. He/she may think that such intellectual issues are reserved for an elite class of people who have proven themselves at various stages of life.
I object to every such notion which compells you to project yourself as a "good for nothing person". If you have failed then this shows that you have tried and given yourself a chance and you are much better than the people who are complacent and living a mediocre life.
When one loose, he/she should not loose the lesson. Honor your past, look back at your winning moments. If you want to be in tranquility and savor the golden moments of your life then keep repeating "What a calm and matured person I am" and if you need glucose of confidence and moral boost then your mantra should be "I am so lucky that I am such a confident and energetic person". These short mantras are borrowed from the Robin sharma's book but are real gems and I am sure they will not harm you in any case.
So, living a llife in its full swing involves many aspects, I am trying to list then down but if you find anything that is not present in the list then pls provide your comments:

1. Keep your words.
2. Keep your moral high.
3. Be the first one to say hello.
4. Be kind and gentle.
5. Honor your past.
6. Never Lay back.
7. Accept your mistakes(Try saying, This was my fault)
8. Help others.
9. Enjoy the journey not just the destination.
10. Talk to yourself(keep a journal)

All these points are the summary of the book I read and thoughts are just the interpretation of the writings that I found meaningful in the book.

Comments invited,
Siddhartha

7 comments:

Kaps said...

Hi Siddharth !

The question is thought provoking no doubt. It gives an inkling of how we want our life to shape up as... yes its upto us.. whether we revel in simply earning money n fame, or do we also seek pleasure in taking up some responsibilities and adding smiles to lives of others.. :)

The words you write are pretty encouraging. I would like to add that living life in its full swing involves the blend of the Observation that anyhow, its going to be all over one day ,the realisation that howsoever random luck may be, the response to any situation depends on us and the endeavor to give our level best as passionately as possible in whatever we do, for we only do what we choose, so it must be done with all our heart.

Nice one..

tc

Kapil

Deepak Jeswal said...

Sounds interesting, though in practical life one has to constantly remind all these basic things as well. Am not too much into the self-help books, this one seems different

Do visit my blog - my new story is up now :-)

TC
Deepak
http://randomexpressions.rediffblogs.com

Anki said...

the first time i came across this post i stopped at the title itself and interpreted it in my own way (without reading the whole post). Brooded for some days and concluded, why should I want someone to cry after my death, when there are so many people to laugh with me while I am living. :)

Anyways the post is worth reading. and one thing is for sure, it actually depends on us, wat we become. (Forget about after death, live a wonderful life while there is still time).

sid said...

Hi Kapil,

Thanks for adding Observation and endeavor to the list as observation is most important to decide on the course of action.

Keep Blogging

sid said...

Hi Deepak,

I hardly read anything on such stuffs and this book too was nothing new but a few points were really thought provoking.

Chalo see you

sid said...

Hi Anki,

I never thought in the opposite direction.
Instead of thinking about who wil crry when we die, we can think of making people laugh while we are alive.

Thanks for providing the other side of the coin.

Keep visiting

Arti Honrao said...

Thought provoking enuf...
I hv asked this qt to myself several times.
Tho not many there are few that I can count on my fingers who would shed a few tears over my death.

Inspired by ur post am going to post a poem on my blog I had written some time back [somewat on similar lines]
Do read

Njoy Life
Arti