Do you Heart EzineArticles.com, too?

Friday, January 30, 2015

America- First Take

No one in this world can either praise or criticize any place or for that matter, any country in its entirety. Today, as I get some time to reflect upon the events that took place over past few months, I have very mixed feelings and when I pick a slice of one feeling at a time and dwell on that feeling for long, my mind goes into a specific frame which I simply refer to as mood. So, my mood swings an entire 360 degrees on any given day. And only I or my best (as terming her better would be of a mild degree here) half, Sapna can relate to it.

Keeping aside my insignificant mood and its equally more inconsequential swings, let me share with you, my very first experience of being in this new country, America!!
First of all, I never had any fantasies of visiting America, I had dreamed about visiting England since I don't know when but yes I was very excited about going to UK and travel through Europe. I fortunately got the chance to visit and stay in Europe for some years and I still love the place. But, I never desired to visit USA and never ever rued the fact that I couldn't visit this magnificent country, till now. 
However, now as I have arrived here, I am still absorbing the culture and the american way of doing things and there is not a single irritating thing I have noticed now. So, I can say, there is no reason to not Love America!!
The only people who have avoided eye contact and a simple hello with me have been my beloved countrymen and those are also very few. Others have always presented themselves with a wide smile and a greeting. Natives have explained the things to me patiently and helped me in moving around as well. 
The place itself is friendly with its bright and sunny weather and I am lucky to land on west coast  and that too in a big city such as Los Angeles else I would have been facing a very different and may be a wrong side of this country in terms of weather at least.
Till now, I haven't explored much other than my office and home route and a dozen of new restaurants. So, in a two week's period, I have gorged on Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Vietnamese, Greek and of course Indian food and I am loving all of them even when I am just checking on vegetarian options.
So, stay connected as I share more about travel, food and my other experiences of America!!

2 comments:

Anindya Sharma said...

Correct observations. Happens with everyone who goes there. Apart from Indians living there everyone looks sober and good :). Enjoy!!

sid said...

I second that Giru!!