Do you Heart EzineArticles.com, too?

Monday, February 16, 2015

America- Santa Monica Beach

As another week passed by in this lovely city, I got a chance to look at a totally different side of Los Angeles, Among all this hustle-bustle of this gigantic city, one may not realize that here in this city, we are always watched over. Now, don't freak out, there is no monster here and no no, not even a crazy stalker following you here. It's just the tall standing mountains, watching you serenly and there are lots of them, there is this lovely range of Santa Monica & San Gabriel mountains on the north of the city which has that gleaming proud HOLLYWOOD sign written over it.

Then, there is also Pacific Ocean on the south and a very famous beach 'Santa Monica' there. I was thinking of sharing the Hollywood hills experience first but then thought that I need to get this Santa Monica beach thing out first. Don't ask me why? and there are no prizes for guessing it too. May be, the Hollywood thing can wait for a while!!

But wait a minute, does this word 'Santa Monica' rings a bell? Of-course, it does to a teen-aged generation from the 90s who were the pioneers of gulping down the first dose of western sops that was thrust towards the land of snake-charmers. Here, I would like to clarify that I really hate this snake-charmer tag to its core and I would go with anything like 'Land of Sages' or 'Land of Yog or Yoga'. But leaving aside my preferences to the backstage, more important question is why this Santa Monica name sounds so familiar? Which Sop has shown this Santa Monica beach to us and who were those angelic lifeguards? Now, don't be shy of yourself even if you forgot the name of the beach but don't you dare to forget 'Baywatch'. Yep, the same show where a few angel-looking lifeguards saved a few losers, who eventually, turned out to be winners after getting once-in-life opportunity to be saved by those social-workers.

I was amazed to see a clean beach with clean water and where it was a normal thing to walk barefoot on the sand without being afraid of stepping on a broken beer bottle. I would be so proud if we can make the 'Claingut'  beach as Santa Monica of Goa. Same beauty, same resource but the people makes a lot of difference. Don't want to bore you guys with the preaching stuff, So here is a glimpse of what I saw and experienced there.

I saw a cute family having fun where the father was so happy to build a castle for his adoring daughter. The lady of the house, not in picture (for obvious reasons) was busy laying out the food for the family. The beauty of the place was spotless for eyes but the heart was still pumping a lot less than required as I was missing Swara and Sapna here. Had Swara been here, she would have been running all over the place and how I would have loved to build an even bigger castle or mud pool for her. Well, I assure that I will make up for this loss,whenever I will meet you, my dear little buddy.

Then, I saw these two cuties, enjoying the sunshine but it seemed that they had a bit of argument. I would advise the proudly walking out male that it's just a matter of few minutes or few hours before I see you walking back with your head down and making up with her. No matter, you rule the skies but you got to land somewhere and need to share your stories about victories and hardships. So, get back to her buddy soon and if you look at the below picture, you are just another bird in the mob but with her, you become special!!


It was also so easy to gather a lot of oyster shells and a few families were even collecting them for their next meal but being a recently-turned-vegetarian, I wasn't much in the game. So, I kept walking bare footed on the silky white sand and loved each moment of it. Even the drive along the coast was scenic and that road, barring its traffic, may be one of the best places to go on a long drive on a moon-lit night. I would love to do that sometime, in case I get a chance. With this, I would bid you goodbye to meet you with another post, may be Hollywood hills or some other place which I visit. Till then, enjoy and take very good care of yourself!!

No comments: